Silk Road Mission believes deeply in the tenets of the Five Solas:
- "Sola Scriptura" = Scripture Alone. The Bible is our highest authority and the way we know God. (2nd Timothy 3:16-17)
- "Sola Fide" = Faith Alone. The only vehicle of salvation is faith. (Ephesians 2:8-10)
- "Sola Gratia" = Grace Alone. The only means of salvation is grace. (Ephesians 2:8-10)
- "Solus Christus" = Christ Alone. Jesus Christ is our Lord, Savior, King, and God. (Colossians 1: 15-20)
- "Soli Deo Gloria" = To the Glory of God Alone. We exist for His Glory and no other's. (Colossians 3:16-17)
Silk Road Mission also adheres to the Apostle's Creed. We recognize Scripture as our authority but use the creed as a summary of belief. We believe this also connects us to the church of the past. The creed follows:
Traditional English Version
I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ his only Son our Lord; who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; he descended into hell; the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Ghost; the holy catholic Church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body; and the life everlasting. AMEN.
As of April 2018, Silk Road Mission is a ministry of Fellowship Forney in Forney, Texas.