It all started with an internship that led to a connection that led to a phone call that led to a meeting that led to a trip...
The winter of 2014 I preached at a year-end conference and associational meeting for baptists in South East India. This is just a recollection of the trip and what was accomplished. This was where the vision for SRM was born.
- Preached a total of 7 times.
- Audience sizes ranged from approx. 25 people to approx. 3,000 by the last day of the conference.
- Laid out the Gospel, from beginning to end over 7 days.
- Prayed for countless people.
- Learned from other missionaries about the state of the church in Asia.
- Was counseled by a veteran preacher about India and preaching.
As you can see it was a busy time! I went home with the knowledge that I could do something about this. I could preach. I could go myself to the nations that need it most. The Lord could use me.
I had fervor but no where to direct it. That's when the Lord brought my attention to the Silk Road. Soon after returning home the seeds of SRM were planted.